Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Victorian Cravings

I have always loved modernized Victorian clothing.  I've always loved costumes.  At least part of the appeal of ballroom competition for me is the opportunity to wear a glorious gown, dramatic makeup and hair.  I enjoy Halloween costume parties.  If there's an opportunity to dress up, either in costume or in a formal dress, I'm there.

Before I show you a wonderful online site that carries some fantastic clothing, I want to brag a little bit about my newest Goodwill find...and my last for awhile, because I am going on a shopping ban post haste.

This is what I found;


This is a Bill Levkoff dress.  I already own it in this color and I paid full retail price for it.  I purchased it for ballroom related formal events in which I am a spectator, not a dancer. Today, I found this same dress.  At the Goodwill!  I found it in black.  For $15.00.  In perfect condition.  Sigh.  The one caveat is that it is a pinch too snug in the underarm area...an fairly easily remedied problem!!!!  I bought it!  

Happy dance!!!!

Now for the cravings:

I've been perusing a favorite site of mine, Victorian Trading Co and putting together a list of beautiful things I'm craving...they are all beautiful and mimic Victorian styling, but are modern enough to integrate into a current wardrobe.  This is a really fun site to browse.

www.victoriantradingco.com

Aren't these pantaloons adorable?

And these granny boots?


I craving some fun additions to my wardrobe....Victoriana anyone?



Oh so cute!

I would wear this as my daily winter coat! Luxe!

I love this corset belt.  I wouldn't wear it with my daily clothing...but I would love to own it for a Renaissance pirate costume.  Currently, I wear a black corset for that costume...but this would be more authentic looking, I think.  

By the way...all of these items are way out of my current budget, so I can only shop in my imagination...and I'm having fun doing so.

What do you think?  Do you like to dress up or wear costumes?
I would love to hear about it!








7 comments:

  1. I love the dress and the hat!
    Can't wait to see the next post
    http://myvintagecurves.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to find that dress. I haven't purchased the hat yet.....but it's on my list!

      Delete
  2. I love the boots and frock coat. What a fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that coat could be an everyday coat. I would wear it everyday. The boots; I just love them!

      Delete
  3. I have not purchased these items yet...they are just on my wish list.....the only think I purchased was the formal dress in the first picture. The others are waaaayyy out of my budget for now...maybe when I return to work in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little touches of Victorian lace and corsets, so gorgeous. That dress is a great find!

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Adrienne! They're so feminine!

      I really lucked into the dress...now I have to hope that it can be let out just a pinch to fit properly. I will make it work!

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain