Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 25, 2012

A poetry and fashion challenge from "My Vintage Curves" blog




My Vintage Curves is a lovely blog written by the lovely Antionetta in Italy.  She has some very unique ideas and has issued a challenge today to pair fashion and poetry.


http://myvintagecurves.blogspot.com/



I have decided to take her challenge!  Please note that this is my second post of the day.....I wanted to keep this post separate from the last, but please be sure to check out my previous post for a very special Goodwill treasure that I found.

I chose one of my favorite poems by Lord Byron; "She Walks in Beauty"

Dress...it's actually lingerie that I have worn as a dance dress; shoes, Anne Klein iflex; book, the Selected Poetry of Lord Byron by Leslie Marchand

"She Walks in Beauty"

She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies

One shade the more, one ray the less
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent

~ Lord Byron
1814



The poetry of Lord Byron and Pablo Neruda, two of my favorites; belly dance scarves in ivory and fold, pearlized vintage compact, a gift from my Mom



The compact



Anne Klein iflex.....super comfy kitten heel shoes...clearanced at 80% off at the ridiculously low price of 12.99 at DSW!





What a fun and interesting challenge this was!




                             



3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy about it! You choose an amazing poem.
    Kisses
    My Vintage Curves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you have many others who take the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain