Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Beautiful Evening Look

The color of this dress just makes my heart beat faster.  It's so far out of my price range.  I'm going to be on the lookout for something similar.

Wow.  Just Wow.

Even though this dress has some extra draping just beyond the hips, it would be such a perfect dress for a curvy or pear shaped body.  The beautiful detail at the waist draw attention to the smallest part of the body.  The gathers on the top give beautiful shape to the bust whether you are small or large busted.  The draping falls gracefully away from the hips and minimizes them.

This is a dream dress.

It's on my Christmas list.  Well, an affordable variation of this dress anyway.  Sigh.  Or maybe dust off my sewing machine and try my hand at making it!A Beautiful Evening Look


5 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to own and wear that dress. Ethereal and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is...it's a dream dress! Here's to you finding that dress for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful dress. Is this one you could wear for dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri,

    Ballroom dresses are specially made to move and flex with the body. There is a built in body suit in all professionally made ballroom dresses. This keeps the dress in place and prevents "ride up". I wouldn't be able to wear this dress to dance in a competition, but I could wear it in a showcase which is far less strict in it's requirements. Dressing in a dress that is not made for ballroom would be very uncomfortable and distracting and there would be a lot of pulling and tugging the dress back into place between dances. In a showcase, a dress would only be worn for one dance. In a comp, one might be dancing 20, 30 or more dances in a day so comfort is key. I would love to have a ballroom dress made to look just like this dress; the color and style. The only thing that would need to change would be the volume at the bottom. A ballroom dress would need to be much fuller. Typically, they are a full circle or circle and half on the bottom to achieve that beautiful floatiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,

    I do agree it is a beautiful dress! I'm going to take this picture to a dressmaker when I have my first custom ballroom dress made. I won two dresses right now and the first one I purchased used for a competitor friend (this is a common practice in ballroom as dress can be quite pricey due to all of the hand placed crystals). My second one was purchased right off the rack at a competition and surprisingly it fit perfectly and need no alterations at all!

    Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain