Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 29, 2012

Stormy Weather

Last night and this afternoon we experienced some pretty fierce thunderstorms.  After a scorching hot 100 degree day yesterday...the cooling rain was appreciated, but not the thunder, lightening and loss of electricity.  We have lost electricity 4 times this month!  Thankfully, today it was only our for a half hour and not 6 hours like the last time.
There was citywide power loss, store closings and no traffic lights functioning.
I'm very thankful that there appears to be no serious damage or injuries. 
The storms did prevent me from being able to attend my ballroom lesson, and from seeing my ward (the individual I guardian for)...so I suppose I will have to attend a dance party tonight!

Sweater: Nine West, thrifted; Dress: unknown, thrifted
Hair style by wind power!
You can still see the dark sky in the background.  The sun was trying to break through and it was pretty windy.

These are the Cole Haan shoes I had purchased on clearance for $29.00 at Marshalls last winter; I initially purged them when I experienced my shoe guilt a couple weeks ago.  This was the only pair I regretted purging...so when I saw them in the thrift store window yesterday, I went in and bought them back for $2.00.  So glad I did.  

Cole Haan, Air Talia

I think the green beads in the necklace picked up the green of the shoes nicely.

My little practical joker
My "photographer" playing a trick on me.....he said he was snapping me, but turned the camera on himself.  I pretended that I didn't notice that the lens was not facing me and when I reviewed the pictures I was "surprised" to see his smiling face.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Thank God it's Friday!
or, to me,
Thank God it's Dance Day


14 comments:

  1. Here in Italy we have hot weather and bright sun!
    Tell your son he's a very good photographer :-)
    By the way I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I'm so glad I went back and got the shoes back!

      I will tell my son; he loves hearing the praise and it keeps him willing to continue taking the pictures!

      Italy is the first place I want to visit when I take my first overseas trip (at some unknown time in the future)....I think it looks beautiful AND my 2 favorite professional ballroom couples are Italian!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the electricity ... we have outtages as well in severe weather, but we had some 'load shedding' some years back which was so frustrating. Our house now has a gas stove (although the oven is still electric) which at least allows us to continue stove top cooking when we do have power failures. We even bought rechargeable lights so that we oculd continue some form of normality.

    You outfit is lovely and I especially like your wedges!

    SOrry you could not go to your dancing.

    Hope your weekend is fabulous... hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,

      Thank you for the compliment.

      The weather here has been so crazy...lots of super hot days and then terrible storms in between. I am just thankful that there hasn't been severe damage or injuries...

      Although I had to miss my lesson, I did get to got to a dance party....and on the way home, it stormed again...I was driving in the storm...very scary!

      I don't like to miss lessons right now because I have some competitions coming up in September, October and November, but social dance parties help to keep me in practice...sort of!

      Delete
  3. Great look and those shoes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I enjoy YOUR blog, by the way!

      Delete
  4. I keep waiting for the electricity to go off in our area. We haven't had the storms, but so many days of having the AC cranking for high temps I know puts a strain on the electric grid. That's too funny about buying back your shoes. Good call though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose losing electricity isn't too terrible for a few hours....as long as it's not on a 100 degree day!

      I am really glad I got them back. And even if I add to the cost the $2 I paid to get them back to the $29 I paid initially...it's a pretty good deal! I won't be rescuing any more shoes though!

      Delete
  5. YOu have a great photographer. Very cute. I love the shade of green on those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...so far he's been very willing to take the pics!

      I'm very happy that I got my shoes back....I think they will be quite versatile!

      Delete
  6. Lovely wedge! I think your son can be a good photographer someday. :) Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna....he really enjoys it! If I can encourage anything at a young age I will!

      The shoes are super comfortable!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank You, Bella! I am very grateful that he is so willing to do this! I'm sure it won't last long!

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain