Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Style Icon



I had a tough night dancing last night. My lesson was not one of my best, and I struggled at the dance party. I hadn't danced for two weeks due to my Mom's hospitalization and my own twisted ankle.

I wasn't consistent,my focus was lousy, my posture was not stable and I wasn't bending my knees enough to send my steps forward enough to create that lovely sweeping motion.  Sigh.




I'm calling on my inner Ginger Rodgers .  She is my style icon and my dance icon.

Come on Ginger......I need some inspiration!



5 comments:

  1. You'll get your groove back. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri! I have been in this kind of rut before...I snap back..but I still call on "Ginger"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    I can guess that you were much better than me - I have two left feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many people think that they have two left feet...but with some instruction they find they are actually quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I wish the Ginger spirit to visit you! Thank you for sharing the Carmen video- it made my morning and got my stiff hips moving! xo. -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain