Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's scorching hot today.  This is not a dress.  It's a beach cover-up...but the heat has compelled me to wear it as a dress.  It's very cool, comfy and no fuss.  I do need to wear a tank under it...as the neckline is plunging and the arm openings are wide enough to revel the sides of my bra.
My 7 year old son, "the photographer" told me to do a silly pose.  It made him happy that I'm posting it here.

I don't enjoy dressing for summer as much as I do for all of the other seasons.  It's ALL about staying cool; looking cute is a struggle for me in the summertime.  Yeah, I do have body image issues.  I love how my body works, how my body dances.....but I still have areas of self consciousness.


This is the photographer...enjoying an apple

Hello from me to You!  While I am stressing my body issues, I am thankful for sunscreen and relatively happy skin.  I don't use foundation, I use Merle Norman Sheer Defense tinted moisturizer with SPF 15. It looks and feels totally natural and is not shiny like most other tinted moisturizers and beauty balms.   In a few months MN will be changing the Sheer Defense formula to SPF 25.  Can't wait.

My trusty watch....I never leave home without it.  I appreciate that it is an Eco-Drive....no batteries!

Another "trusty" I never leave home without....my Juicy Couture sunglasses.  These were a splurge.  They were 50% off a ridiculous price tag.  Got them from my eye doc's office.  Sunglasses are usually large for my small face and these are as well...but they actually aren't too bad.  I have had a bad habit of losing sunglasses in the past, but this pair goes in and stays in my bag unless I'm outside in the sun!  I never leave home without sunscreen on my face, my lips and I never leave without sunglasses.

Hope everyone is staying cool!  I know a couple of readers live in colder regions......and to you, stay warm!


14 comments:

  1. You look lovely in your summer dress

    Elle

    www.mstylepicturebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you....I was very comfortable!

    Thanks for leaving the link to your blog...I will have to stop by...I'm hopelessly addicted to looking at blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the rar occasions the sun has been spotted in these regions I have been known to wear abeach cover up as a dress. Have to say mine isn't as stunning as yours.
    My compliments to the photographer - he has captured some wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...thank you for the compliment!

    I will pass along the compliment to my son..he will just love hearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...thank you for the compliment!

    I will pass along the compliment to my son..he will just love hearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!!! That cover-up looks fabulous worn as a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Psyche....super hot weather forces me to get creative with the wardrobe.

    I love summer fun and no classes but hot weather dressing leaves me frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog, and what a great dress for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover up is as good as a summer dress! I miss the heat of summer but I get you- not as fun to dress in- not enough layers to be interesting. Still your tunic is a great and comfy way to go.

    Tell the photog: good advice on the pose. Silly is a great start to a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, Thank You! I enjoy yours as well. I wish I had your determination to maintain high fitness standards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bella, I agree, silly is a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was hot enough here today that I took a late afternoon shower and my wet hair helped me cope. Love the pic of the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done to the photographer ... love the pics and your new sunnies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain