Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 8, 2012

Delightful Orchid Dress

Delightful Orchid Dress





When I saw this dress on polyvore, I dug to the back of my closet to find this Dress Barn dress that I have never worn.  In the photo, my dress looks more blue, but in reality it is the exact same shade of orchid as the dress in the set.  The cut is similar too, but mine has a draped neck, and has rouching instead of a side gather.  I really like this dress, but since nearly all of the events I attend are dance related and there is usually dancing, I haven't worn it.  It's very stretchy, but it fits too close to the body to allow the long strides and sweeping movement that is characteristic of ballroom.  I need to just wear it.  I took this picture to help me decide if I like dress enough to keep it.  I really do like it.  Now I need to accessorize it.  I adore the emerald accessories but don't have any.  I do own silver, gold, rhinestone and black accessories and could do any of those, but the emerald is really dramatic.  I might have to make a trip to Charming Charlie for some affordable pieces in emerald.  CC's is a great place to find just about any color or accessory that you need to pull a look together.  I'm happy that I saw the dress above because it has reminded me that I have what I need for special occasions in my own closet.  I just need to dig in a get creative with accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain