Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dancing in Polka Dots

Tomorrow, I return to work/school to do preparation before the semester actually begins the following Monday.  After tomorrow, I have this last week off and then its back to usual work/school marathon with a competition thrown in for some fun.
I'm glad I danced ALL weekend.

I danced in Polka Dots today, and felt very dance retro and VISIBLE.  Today, I am linking up for the first time to Patti's Visible Monday.
I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but Sunday's can be really hectic and I have just not been able to get to it.  

I love this Polka Dot skirt.  I've had it for years, and its timeless.  Its 'swooshy' too, so its fun to dance in.  It matches my iPhone case!

One of my favorite LS necklaces....."Love Dust"

....a matching bracelet and two complimenting bracelets "Brocade"

....it was cold and breezy today, so in my haste, my pose and expression are not so cute, and my bangs are "Blowin' in the Wind".

I did attend all three social dances that I had hoped to attend this weekend.  I know once the marathon of the work/school semester begins, I won't have the opportunity to fill and entire weekend with dance (except for the Indiana Challenge competition).  I'm dancing a Rhumba with Patrick, a friend and fellow dance enthusiast.
By the way, I DON'T dance Rhumba!
Except at social dances that is....there, I never turn down an opportunity to dance, even though in competition I'm strictly an American Smooth and International Standard girl.


....and a ChaCha with Patrick.  Oops....another dance that I do only socially, but it IS a lot of fun!



I didn't get a good picture of the Saturday night dance outfit....but I was very casual.  I danced like crazy, and I'm a tired sweaty mess.....this is the best I could do for a Saturday night dance picture.  

....and this is the necklace I wore on Saturday night.  I don't leave the house without my LS jewelry!

I really enjoyed dancing so much.  Before I went back to school to get my Master's degree, I did this often.  Now, more often, I'm sitting on my butt writing papers.  Its time to dance more.  

Have a wonderful week!


38 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great skirt. Nice design and print. And it's always fun to see pictures of you dancing. You're living my dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment.
      As far as dancing, I say it doesn't have to be a dream. I can direct you to wonderful instructors. :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's good to deviate from your normal, and when it comes to going out and being social, try not to have too many 'nevers'.

    the polka dot skirt is really cute too!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to try new things. Thanks for the compliment, I do love my skirt.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to Visible Monday! Love your dancing outfits and terrific photos : >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti....I hope to do many more. Thank you for hosting them and introducing all of us to so many other wonderful bloggers.

      Delete
  5. Last night I saw where black and white is a trend for 2013. Really? I am thinking it was a classic. You look lovely in your polka dots! Your jewelry is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Debbi, its a classic. And its my favorite color combination.

      Delete
  6. The first photo of you is sooo cute, and so is every outfit with polka dots, yours no exception! Have a great week my friend! I start my commuting very very early tomorrow morning and I am not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its back to work for us! Early morning commutes are not fun.
      Thank you for the compliment. I really love polka dots. I'm going to have to wear them more often!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Me too...they are just so fun and classic.

      Delete
  8. Quite right! You should wake up every morning and remember that you have an enviable figure and dress it with taste and style.
    Happy, happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a "swooshy" skirt is always the best kind of skirt!
    super cute iphone cover as well
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a swooshy skirt. I was so happy to find that iPhone cover!

      Delete
  10. Love your polka dot skirt & iphone case! I have a very similar polka dot skirt and it makes me feel swooshy when I wear it too. Have a wonderful week Lisa!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice, don't you just feel extra girly in a swooshy skirt?!

      Delete
  11. Girl, you danced the weekend away, my idea of great fun! That polka dot skirt is so swirly and sexy.

    I did not know there were polka dot phone cases. I feel so behind the times sometimes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the polka dot iPhone cover in the Verizon store. I really love it.

      I did dance the weekend away. It was a blast, and good way to end my Christmas break before returning to school/work.

      Delete
  12. Lisa! You look so gorgeous in your polka dots!
    You know, I don't think polka dots will ever go out of style! I'll bet your skirt will be just as relevant in 10 yrs as it is now....so, hold on to them!
    Happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie. I love polka dots. I agree, they will always be classic. Come to think of it, I believe this skirt is about 10 years old!

      Delete
  13. Love your outfit! The polka dot skirt is lovely! Your dancing looks like so much fun!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca....dancing is the MOST fun I've ever had in my life.

      Delete
  14. Haha - I don't dance rhumba either (the flamenco version - can't stand it)
    Love the polka dots - such a style classic - and looks like you are having lots of fun dancing socially.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have fun at social dances....and its great exercise, but its nothing like dancing American Smooth or International Standard with my pro-am coach!

      Delete
  15. The abundance of polka dots in this post is such a delight! I'm a huge polka dot fan, too. My mom (though she doesn't wear vintage) is too, and I'm sure she's a bit part of the reason why I adore these little spots so much. Your iPhone case is fantastic! I just got my first iPhone ever for Christmas (from Tony - sweetest present ever!), and have a fun bright pink case (there wasn't a lot of selection in our wee little town for the new iPhone 5's), which I love, but it's not quite as cool as your dotted one.

    Thank you so much, dear Lisa, for your wonderfully nice comment on my wig reveal outfit post yesterday. I'm delighted to know you liked that wintry outfit so much.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Jessica. Polka dots are fun and still classic.
      I recently purchased my iPhone and love it. So versatile and handy. The cover came from a Verizon store.....maybe you can find it online.

      Delete
    2. and the brand is called "uncommon"

      Delete
  16. I have a huge weakness for polka dots! I love that your skirt and iPhone case match :) It looks like you had a great time dancing.

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrienne.....I have a polka dot weakness too...wish I had more!

      Delete
  17. I love the polka dots. Love love love them. And that phone case is amazing. Looks like you had tons of fun dancing, you look so happy in those pics!

    Clare
    understatedclassics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare...I always have fun dancing, whether its social dancing or competitive dancing...that's when I'm most joyful.

      I love polka dot, too. I just adore them.

      Delete
  18. Lisa I totally agree with you, polka dots are timeless.
    This skirt is fabulous, there is something about the dotted items that have a modern yet vintage feel that i love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to resist polka dots. I just found a case for my iPad too that has polka dots!

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain