Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 18, 2012

I have been planning a summer capsule wardrobe based on one that was featured in Good Housekeeping magazine.  The featured capsule focused heavily on nautical with a base of white, red, navy and khaki.  I am using a similar base, but I will be including a few more items and may occasionally veer away and use other non-capsule items.  I want to try and stick to it as closely as possible but this is my first time trying out a capsule so a bit of cheating is bound to happen.  
I didn't photograph the bottoms I will be using as I had some trouble staging them creatively for a photograph.  I will be using a red pencil skirt, boot cut jeans, grey trousers, white trousers, white jeans and black trousers and the following tops, dresses, jackets and accessories.  
I will be teaching a summer class three nights a week at the university.  The building I will be in tends to get pretty hot, so I will need a versatile wardrobe that will also keep me cool and comfy.  I think the nautical theme will work well, though I may get bored of it by the end of the summer session! 


Tee shirts and a dressy red top

I won't be teaching in this top!  It's in my rotation for casual weekend activities.  I love this top.

The scarves.....oblong pashmina in zebra print, silky snake print infinity, silk leopard, yellow  oversized pashmina, red pashmina

Fossil white watch, My trusty Citizen ecodrive watch, cuff bracelet, pendant necklace. Monet earrings, chain belt, Brighton pearl and bead necklace, Lia Sophia heart necklace

Calvin Kline nautical dresses

White jacket, Gap denim jacket (Goodwill $5.00!) Express short sleeve sweater, Indiana Challenge windbreaker...one of the premiums from a ballroom comp
Cole Haan, "air talia" ($29.00 at Marshalls, clearance!) Franco Sarto nude pumps, Ann Klein "i flex" (so comfy) kitten heels, Earthies sandals, black pumps.  Not pictured; Puma aerobics shoes, flip flops

I am in love with this new book...packed full of beautiful photos and illustrations of vintage looks from the Mad Men stylist.   My favorite fashion/style book!

2 comments:

  1. FOUND YOU VIA pAM! I too have curves and was just thinking of a post to address this in time for summer! Great new blog! It's nice to find other 40+ bloggers. A new follower!
    Pop by sometime!
    xXx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reva,

    Welcome and thank you for visiting. There is a great community of over 40 bloggers who love to look great and I am happy to join them. It's great that we can all connect and share ideas and style ideas!
    Thanks for checking out my blog. I will take a look at yours!
    I'm pretty new to this, so it will take me a little time to get the hang of getting my own pictures up (at least any that I would want to post!) but I am on my way.

    ReplyDelete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain