Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 7, 2012

Bear with me as I work on getting this blog started. I haven't had the time to take pictures or write posts, but I intend to do so in the next month since I have a full month break.  In June, I will be back to taking classes and teaching another class as a graduate assistant. I have just completed my first semester of graduate school and a challenging graduate level statistics class, which stretched the boundaries of my learning capacity when it comes to number related subjects!
 I am not mathematically inclined. When I graduated from high school I had never even taken an algebra class.  It wasn't required if you were on the college track and at that time I had no interest in college.  Only as a much older adult did I return to school and discover a passionate LOVE for learning.  Learning is a lifelong process.  Returning to school as a middle aged adult has enriched my life in so many ways, I couldn't even begin to articulate all of them here.  I've broadened my thinking, met so many wonderful people and have begun to follow new pathways to personal and career achievement.  I have not experienced college as something to trudge through in pursuit of the pinnacle achievement of a degree.  To me, every class, every assignment and every instructor provided me with an opportunity to personal enrichment.  Of course, being awarded the degree at the end of the journey was ultimately satisfying.
I would like to encourage anyone who has the desire to return to school but is being help back by self-doubt or lack of support to "just do it".  Dive in.  Soak it up...it's one of the best things you can do for yourself...it is just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain