Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 21, 2012

Dance Parties and Landscaping Weekend

This past weekend was so busy I didn't even think about taking pictures of outfits.  I sent to a couple of dance events on Friday and Saturday and yesterday worked on a landscape project with my hubby in the scorching 90 degree weather.  I must confess, hubby did most of the work.  I like to think that I am the brains and he is the brawn.  I do a good job of telling him what to do.  Unfortunately, storms rolled in and we were unable to finish the project...but I hope to finish tonight and maybe post some pictures tomorrow.  
I picked up a lovely little tree to add to the landscape; it's called "Twisty Baby Lace Lady Locust".  That's a tongue twister!  The tree has beautiful twisty branches and unusual clusters of leaves.  I love trees that have some interest to them..not the typical trees found in our neighborhood.  Nearly every has has a Flowering Crab, Flowering Pear, River Birch or Weeping Cherry.
They are lovely, but I couldn't follow suit; I had to choose something just a little different.  We have Ginko trees, a yellow 'Butterflies' magnolia, dwarf burning bushes and now our 'twisty baby'.  My favorite tree is the Fat Albert evergreen. He is big and beautiful.  
I don't have a green thumb and I don't have a vision when it comes to yardscaping.  It has taken us 7 years to finally get it right.  It's finally starting to shape up after many, many mistakes...and many plants lost.  I will be happy when it's done in a few days!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!





My dance friends are awesome!  How I love them.  Dance parties are the happiest events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain