Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lady Tux


When I was in my very early teens, the movie Paper Moon was setting the movie world on fire and Tatum O'Neal was the youngest person ever to win an Academy Award for her role in that movie.  I'll never forget seeing her accept the Oscar in her black tuxedo and from that day forward I became obsessed with tuxedos on the womanly figure.
I begged my mother, who was an excellent seamstress, to make a tuxedo for me.  She did, and I wore that suit to every family event until it no longer fit a couple of years later.  I've never owned another tux, but every now and then I will experience a wave of nostalgia and search for the perfect one.  My mom doesn't sew anymore, so I will have to find something ready made.  I would love something with a nipped in waist to show my curves while slenderizing at the same time.  I think tuxes on women look super feminine and very flattering.
My perfect tux would look something like the ones pictured here.  I think I would buck the trend of wearing evening gowns to the big dinner/pro shoe events that I attend at the ballroom comps and wear one of these instead!
On my wish list:
Lady Tux


1 comment:

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain