Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our "live in summer chef".....

Dress, Avon; Shoes, Nine West
My college son, Jayme (who's home for the summer) has been cooking for us quite a bit.  He's really become a good cook!

He made a lot of food today, but I didn't get pictures of all of it.  Not pictured are the brats, grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob and grilled pineapple.  My oldest son, Daniel, his fiancé and their baby Brady shared the meal with us.  

Everything was so delicious!

This is a salad of mixed greens, fresh basil, grilled marinated steak with a red wine tomato basil vinaigrette dressing.  It was oh so good. He found the recipe on the Epicurious app on his iPad and decided he wanted to give it a try.  
It's so nice to have him home and I'm getting very spoiled by having a "live in summer chef"!

How was everyone's holiday?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress on you! I love the ruffle detail!

    And I must say, I'm jealous that you have someone around that enjoys cooking so much! Heating up frozen taquitos is pretty much the highest skill level my husband and sons possess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I bought this dress a few years ago from Avon and never wore it. I love dresses, but only wore them for dressy occasions. This summer I vowed to wear one every day that we have hot weather (I look awful in shorts) and so I've had to look in the back of the closet. I think this dress is romantic.

      I am fortunate that my son enjoys cooking! Getting spoiled. What will I do when he goes back to school?

      Delete
  2. I have been fireworked out. We had a second grandson arrive from Montana yesterday so the household has been very busy. Wish we had a live-in chef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I agree with you; I have been fireworked out too.

      A busy hold is both fun and trying! I will miss my live-in chef-son when he goes back to college

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain