Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 16, 2012

A sweet little prize....

Tonight I attended a Lia Sophia jewelry "Bling Bash".  A dance friend of mine is a Lia Sohpia advisor and she invited me to the event.  I didn't realize that this was a HUGE event with around 300 ladies in attendance.  The event was titled "Ladies Night Out" and it's primary purpose was to sell lots of jewelry, recruit new advisors and book parties.  








The event hostesses were very energetic ladies and got the crowd of ladies whipped into a frenzy.  There was a DJ, a cash bar, appetizers, a beautiful chocolate rose cake that was wiped out before I could snap a picture and some games that awarded really nice jewelry prizes..  One game was similar to a "white elephant" gift exchange.  The DJ played a song (Justin Timberlake's 'Sexyback' for about two minutes and each lady at our advisors table took turns rolling a pair of dice.  If you rolled a pair of doubles, you got to take the prize bag that was in the center of the table.  You passed the dice quickly and each following person who rolled a double got to take the bag away from the last person who 'won' it.  The last person to roll a double before the music stopped got to keep the prize.  I've never seen so many women hooting, hollering and screaming in one place.  It was fun.  By the way...even though I rolled a double 2 times....I didn't win the prize.  I did enter a raffle to win the necklace pictured  below..........

.....but, I didn't win.  So I had to buy it.
...and I tried to win this one too...but I didn't.....







I did not try to win this one............

but I did......I won, I won!

It was the last prize awarded for the night..and I had given up hope of winning anything.  Then, the hostess called MY number!  I got to take this pretty baby home.  I was so excited!

I sat at the lucky table tonight!  5 of the 10 ladies seated at our table won jewelry.  One of the ladies even won twice!

I don't usually go to these kinds of events.....but Kori the host is so sweet, I wanted to go to support her.

She's such a good sport...she even entered a contest...and the grand prize was a necklace for EACH of the ladies at our table.  She didn't win..but she gave it her best shot!

The contest required one person from each table to go to the stage area and stand in a big circle.  They were each given candy necklaces and had to eat the candy necklace quickly....the first one to eat it all and then prove that it was all eaten and swallowed...won the big prize.

She's such a good sport she let me take the picture and consented to allow me to post it on my blog!  Isn't she sweet!!???

I'm beat.  Drafting off of all that estrogen energy has worn me out.  I'm happy that I went tonight.  Not just because I won a lovely prize...but because it felt good to be in a room of beautiful, energetic women....smiling, laughing and being girls.  In a house full of men, I sometimes forget what that feels like.

And now my lovely ladies.....I'm off to bed.  My outfit post for the day......my sweet thrifted satin jambes!

Good night, sweet dreams!



12 comments:

  1. Wow - what a lovely prize. Hope it brings you lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I was very pleasantly surprised to see it was something I liked!

      Delete
  2. I've been to Lia Sophia parties, but nothing like that! Sounds like fun! I like playing games like that and will have to remember that one. Your jammies are adorable, but I'd roast to death in jammies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda.....this party was far bigger than I expected it to be...I guess it was a regional party. The games were a blast...but the sales pitch was aggressive. They made it sound so good I was almost tempted to become a rep; but I know I would never maintain the enthusiasm to continue.

      Delete
  3. That's amazing that the party was so big. Glad you were able to find a lovely necklace:)) Has a vintage vibe:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy to win a prize...any prize...it was really great that I happened to like it too!

      Delete
  4. ooh looks like a fun event!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you !
    I never,ever win anything... i think it's great that you won a piece and a spectacular one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorena...I never win anything either! It was a sweet surprise.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a good time! I love the pic of you in your jammies and the necklace you won is a beaut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun just to do something so totally girly-indulgent. I love the necklace. I can't stop looking at it!

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain