Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 2, 2012

Orange Maxi Dress

In order to keep my 7 year old photographer cooperative, I must give him photo credits.  Here is a shout out to Peyton for his  willingness photograph me.  He doesn't have much interest in fashion; but who knows...maybe someday he will take a real interest in photography and will be photographing supermodels!  You never know.  Thanks kid!

This picture was snapped before going to the salon to have my bangs trimmed.  They were out of control.  The combination of bangs that are too long, a strong breeze and 100 degree temps make my hair a big NO.

Calvin Klein dress, T.J. Maxx
I did stay pretty cool and comfy in this maxi dress.

The belt came with the dress

Handmade earrings from a fun local store called "Little Bear Traders".  They have tons of turquoise jewelry; some very beautiful pieces!
I added turquoise and amber earrings for a color contrast.  The only other jewelry I wore was my watch.  If temps were cooler, I would have added a white pashmina scarf...but it was way to hot to fuss.

I had to add this picture of my precious grandson, Brady.  He is about 7 months old in this picture...he just turned one on June 3rd.  I adore him.

Be safe out there, all!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I just want to hug Brady! Tell your photographer that I enjoy his work. The dress looks great and I want to see you post haircut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I must have tapped the comment button instead of reply button...because my response to you appears below!

      Delete
  2. Wow cute your granson is!
    I really like your orange and stripes dress, it's so summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments. I've been blessed with boys...my own three and my grandson.

      I really felt good in this dress, comfortable and not too hot! Nothing beats a summer dress in a cheerful color on a hot day!

      Delete
  3. Terri,

    Brady is my little sweetie! He's just the happiest little guy! Peyton will enjoy hearing your compliment!

    The haircut was only a bang trim and it didn't turn out well!!!! I hate when that happens! Oh well, I always have them trimmed two months before a competition so that they are long enough to secure into my dance hairstyle and not move when dancing. It looks really bad to have loose hair on the dance floor! They will grow out. In the meantime...I'll just pout a little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect dress for hot weather. Love the color so happy. He is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This color made me feel light and happy all day!

      Delete
  5. You don't look old enought to be a grandma. I love the orange dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....Thank you for both compliments!

      I don't feel old enough to be a Grandma, either...but my oldest son is 29!
      Yep, I'm crazy...a 29 year old, a 22 year old college son and a 7.5 year old grade schooler. Sigh.

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain