Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Surprise Award Nomination!

When I was looking at the blogs I follow I opened up Adrienne's blog   http://therichlifeonabudget.blogspot.com/
and found that she had nominated me for an award!

To my great surprise she has nominated me for The Very Inspiring Bloggers Award!


  

This is my very first blogger award and I'm so excited!

In turn...I am to nominate 7 others who's blogs inspire me....and here they are:

Sheila at Ephemera because she is always stylish and beautiful



Terri at Rags Against the Machine because she is a warrior for thrifting and individuality



The always creative and talented Antionetta at My Vintage Curves



Melissa at A Working Mom's Closet; one of the first blogs I ever read and because she is sweet, down to earth and encouraging

http://aworkingmomscloset.wordpress.com/author/wrkngmomscloset/

Emilie at Live Eat Smile for her inspiring, healthy and delicious food posts and her commitments to healthy living; and her sweetness

liveeatsmile.blogspot.com/

Bella Q at The Citizen Rosebud for being a champion of women over 40 + and maintaining the over 40 + blog roll

www.thecitizenrosebud.com/

Patti at Not Dead Yet Style for bringing visibility to women over 40, 50 and more...

notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com/

It's difficult to limit my nominations to just 7 as I believe all of the bloggers I follow each offer their own unique contributions to the world of blogging women and the world at large.

I understand the rules of accepting this nomination are as follows:   thank the person nominating you, link back to this blog, nominate 7 other inspiring bloggers, comment on the nominees blogs to let them know they have been nominated and share 7 things about yourself.

Here are my 7 things to share:

1.  I watch Dancing with the Stars religiously;  It's not really representative of the true ballroom competition world, but it's fun and sparkly and I love it.  No surprise there, right?

2.  I used to be a volunteer firefighter; it wasn't really my thing...but as an EMT and a paramedic, I wanted to have the whole EMS experience.

3.  I'm a horse lover and I grew up as a weekend farm girl; my Grandparents had a 400 acre farm and we spent every weekend there.  Baling, milking chasing cows, exploring.  I love the smell of a barn...as long as it's kept in the barn.

4.  I can still do the splits.

5.  I love to hula hoop. It's easy once you get the hang of it. I promise!

6.  I wore Invisalign braces and it was one of the best things I ever did for myself.  I should probably do a before/after post some day.  I was 48  when I got them.  It's never to late to follow the desires of your heart.

7.  I love bacon.  I'm obsessed with bacon.  I crave bacon.  I believe that bacon makes most things better...temporarily.  Bacon is my chocolate; but I rarely eat it...because eating bacon every day would cause too much trouble

Thank you again Adrienne for nominating me!  It made my day!












16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! It may be a few days to do my post on this, but I will. I'd love to see you hula hoop; it's a life skill I've never mastered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going to leave you a comment to inform you that I nominated you..but since you have discovered that...I look forward to seeing your post.

      Delete
  2. Sure! I am very pleased you accepted...now I know we have something serious in common: BACON! I love bacon, too. I would eat it every day if I were reasonable to do so.
    The other thing is my husband is the fire chief for a volunteer fire department. If you ever move to Kenwood, California, let us know - we could really use your help!

    Thanks again. It's been great getting to know you and your blog.
    xoxo, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Yes...bacon is something else isn't it. I've never loved a food more! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow, thank so much for the nomination and kind words! Braces, splits and hula hoop - you are breaking the "rules" for mid-life women in the most wonderful way - GO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Patti. I think we are all breaking the rules for mid-life aging...thank goodness!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your blog award nomination, cool!

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I love learning these little extra details about you- ballroom dancing to...bacon! Ha ha! I've seen chocolate bars that have bacon, and now I know that the bacon fever is alive and well in you! Thank you so much for the nomination AND for giving me some new links to check out- off to peek at your other choices now. Have a great day! -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella...I have been wanting to try the bacon chocolate bars but haven't found any yet. I love my bacon.

      Thanks for being such an advocate for over 40 bloggers, for woman and for individuality.

      Delete
    2. Here's a link for the bacon/choc bars: http://bit.ly/NSBZXz

      And you're welcome! xo. -Bella Q

      Delete
    3. Oh Thank you.....decadent is a good thing...right?

      Delete
  6. Lisa, you are such a sweetheart - thank you so much! I will link back to you tonight when I post my outfit.

    And I think it's about time I added myself as a follower. :) Rock on, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila...happy to have you following!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, THANK YOU! You're so sweet!

    I didn't know you wore braces. My dentist suggested I consider it because of having receding gumlines or something. I'm not sure. I thought braces made that worse but whatever. I might do it if I can afford it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa...I wore invisalign braces and they were great. Someday I will do the before and after post. They definitely took some getting used to, but they were worth it.

      Fortunately our insurance paid for half of my braces and the MRP (which is like a flex plan) reimbursed us for what we paid out of pocket. It was like getting them for free. It was such a blessing. I hated my smile for most of my life....so this was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

      If you ever want details...I can share my experience with you...it may help you make a decision. Let me know and I can send you an email.

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain