Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dress for a Romantic Evening


If I was to have a romantic date night...if I could remember what that was like (kidding, honey?) this is what I might wear.  I would love to have dinner in Chicago and see a stage show.  Maybe a horse drawn carriage ride and a shoe shopping trip.  And then dancing...at one of the Chicago ballroom studio weekend dance parties.

Dress for a Romantic Evening
I adore every piece here.  If I could afford to spend on frivolous shoes, they would be in my closet in a heartbeat.  Maybe I could find a pretty pair of black T-strap shoes and add the fluff?
The shoes pictured above the bag are latin style dance shoes.  There is always an extra pair of dance shoes in my bag or in my car.  Never leave home without them.

 It's summer time and I'm not working or taking any classes this summer.  I think a dream date night is in order.  And if I can't entice the hubby to indulge me in this night; I'll just go dancing!  Tee hee hee.


12 comments:

  1. Does your husband dance? Mine does once in a blue moon and I would have a HUGE challenge to try to convince him to go dancing. A comedy club is his idea of a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, If I could get my husband to go to a comedy club I would be very happy. He does not really dance. We started out doing ballroom together about 5 years ago....but two months in he started working a crazy overtime schedule. I continued and left him behind in the dust in terms of skill. I have been doing some form of amateur dance all of my life...ballet and gymnastics as a kid, local theater production dance in high school and early twenties and belly dance on and off starting in my 30's. I even took some 'burlesque' dance classes. When I started ballroom it was my first time doing partner dance. I fell in crazy love with it. I started competing and now my love is hard core. I think my husband feels that there is no way he can catch up. If he does go with me to dance parties....he kind of hangs back and watches...doesn't dance much, so it's probably not a very good time for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a beautiful dress! I'm sure you could replicate a version of those shoes. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shey, I am going to try. When I find a nice pair of strappy shoes on clearance I will work on them. I saw some Ostrich feather poufs at Joann fabrics that will be just the right size. I am considering just making shoe clips that I can put on and take off....but I need to find the right kind of clip.

      Delete
  4. What a dream date. Sounds like something out of a film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..it does.....probably not going to happen real soon!!! LOL!

      Delete
  5. stunning items (expecially the dress) for a romantic date <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks... they remind me of Audrey Hepburn but with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! I didn't think of the Audrey correlation...but kind of see it!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I agree...I would love to own the shoes and the dress!

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain