Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Orange and Green and a New Desk!


This morning began as a balmy day; tolerably warm and windy.  This afternoon became a hot day.  In the 90's again.  The wind and heat wreak havoc on my hair, but I'm just rolling with it.  For the most part it's been a carefree summer and I'm thankful for the time to meander and do as I please.  Embracing this carefree summer attitude means that  I'm not as preoccupied with my perpetually unruly and impudent hair as I used to be.


Dress, Metropolitan
The orange waffle knit dress I'm wearing today was a $3.50 Goodwill purchase.  I really love the color and the fabric feels 'barely there'.  Just for fun, I paired it with a breezy white, black and green scarf.  I like the little touch of green with the orange.

The Limited scarf; I really love their big, lightweight scarves, but I always wait for the clearance sales.
Necklace, unknown
This necklace is actually one I use for belly dance.  Lately, Ive been wearing it with my daily wear and I really like it.  You might notice on the full length outfit picture, the medallion is backwards.  Typically, there is always something just a little off with all of my outfits.  I always get a laugh out of it, especially if I notice it before anyone else does. I just never achieve that polished perfection that I see so many others pull off.  It's okay though!  Although I would love to put forth a 'perfect' appearance, it's just not me.  And, it's just not a lot of other people either.  It's good to be less than perfect.  It's good to be real and sometimes just slightly awkward in your manner or dress.  Practiced perfection can not erase our beautifully flawed human-ness; it always appears in one way or another.  
If I didn't possess this bit of clumsy awkwardness...I would have never met my husband, but that's a post for another day.  Hint: we met cute....



Kate Spade


The lining is as important to me as the exterior
I like a good bag, but I'm not a label snob. I want something pretty, small, durable, simply styled and highly functional. I do, however like just about anything by Kate Spade.  I found this bag at T.J. Maxx for about half of what I would have paid for it new.  It would not be in my wardrobe if I had to pay full price!

Nine West; super comfortable kitten heels; I wore these all day without an ounce of pain!


Today, after I dropped of my son at VBS, I stumbled on a large church garage sale.  I found this desk for $50.00.  I have been on the lookout for a new desk for some time.  The desk is in great condition and the desktop is very deep, so it will be really functional.  I'm going to replace the drawer pulls with black ones to modernize it and help it tie in with the black accents in my "mom cave" I was so excited to find this!

Tomorrow is Friday, which means it is dance day.  I have a very special thrifted dress that I hope to wear tomorrow.  I haven't posted a picture of the dress because I wanted to save it for a 'what I'm wearing' post.  So excited!

It's almost the weekend ladies; remember to treat yourselves to something fun just for you!

10 comments:

  1. Dont worry about that heatwave.....you look GREAT!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca,

      Thank you for the compliment and for posting your link. FYI...I did have to google search your blog..the link didn't work..but is missing the http:// which may be the reason. Wonderful blog you have stated there. I especially like the 'resort luxe' and 'purple reigns' outfits!

      Delete
  2. The fact that those cute shoes are comfy gets bonus points. Have you read Patti's post on Agonizers over at Not Yet Dead Style?

    I love the orange frock too! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella, the don't look like they would be comfortable do they? But they surprised me by being very easy to wear. I am going to check out Patti's post asap!

      Thanks for the compliment...on my thrifted orange 'frock'!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love that scarf! I want to head out & buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taryn, thanks you for the compliment. That scarf is one of my favorites. I don't know if The Limited still has that scarf.

      I checked out your blog; love that your dog is a big part of it....I'm a dog lover too!

      Delete
  4. I am on the lookout for a fabulous red scarf.
    And what a find with the desk. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many scarves. I think they are the perfect accessory. This heat we are experience does prevent me from wearing one right now..but that morning it was a bit cool. That changed real fast and it got super hot.

      Hope you find that red scarf; it should be very versatile!

      Delete
  5. I love church sales. I know exactly what you mean about having something a bit off--somehow I think it makes us approachable in real life. But honestly, there's NOTHING off about your look today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..thank you, Terri! Some days, maybe it's more about how we feel that particular day rather than how we actually look. I feel there are more off days the older I get!

      Delete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain