Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A few more outfits with the ruffle hem skirt...


Still playing with the ruffle hem skirt...

This is one of the first tops I thrifted.  Its from NewYork& Co.  It has a vintage vibe that looks really sweet with the ruffle hem skirt, red Mary Janes (Nine West) and Sweet Romance necklace (which somehow flipped backwards!).

...another of my early thrift items.  It really looks much better in person then in the picture.  Ann Klein stadium pumps.

I had no photographer to take this picture, but this was one of my favorite looks with the ruffle hem skirt, so I had to do the mirror shot.  I wore a black pullover (Mossimo/Target) on top of the silk leopard print button down shirt.  The silk shirt is Ann Taylor and it was only $2.00 in a thrift store!  I normally don't like the feel of a button down shirt layered under a sweater--it feels to binding, but with this silk shirt I didn't feel at all uncomfortable.



 LS Endeavor necklace (they have since re-named it Poised).  

I didn't have a photographer again today...but that was OK because I wasn't crazy about the way my outfit looked today.  I wore a simple black turtleneck and a pair of ponte' pull on stretch pants.....and THESE delightful shoes.  Precious Born oxfords.  So comfortable, flexible and lightweight I decided to wear them to Zumba class today!  There were fine!
I love my oxfords; the gender-bending quality, the velvet laces.

.....I also wore this LS necklace with today's un-photographed outfit.  It has an art deco feel which I love right now and it works really well with the oxfords.


Though I would just try a few more looks with this precious skirt.  I think its going to be one of the workhorses of my wardrobe!


18 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that LS necklace is really stunning, it does have such an art deco fell to it and it looks so luminous over the black, it just glows! I competly love your oxfords! I've been looking for a good pair and these are such a nice and sharp looking looking pair that I'll have to take a look at Born's stuff. I really like your second outfit with the ruffle hemmed skirt, the polka dotted top really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. I really love that necklace. I love things that have a vintage vibe to them!

      Delete
  2. The first outfit is my favorite because of the red shoes! Your LS necklace in the last photo is gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt xx

    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finds! I'm so not a thrift shopper, but I'm amazed at all the great items bloggers find :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes some diligence, Monica and it isn't for everyone, but I have had some tremendous luck finding good, high quality pieces.

      Delete
  5. Art deco jewelry is my favorite. Very pretty necklace. I will have to look for those Born oxfords. I really want some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Debbi. I purchased the shoes at Carson's last week, so you may still be able to find them.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the ruffles!! You look beautiful in these outfits, Lisa!
    Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie. I love ruffles too if they are too flouncy-flouncy!

      Delete
  7. I have seen this type of skirt in all recent magazines.. they refer to it now as trumpet hem.
    Just beautiful and i like those first pictures, looks like you are in a photo studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorena. I have two of the skirts now, and I plan to wear them often. Its such a universally flattering style.

      Delete
  8. That last LS necklace is gorgeous; I love Art Deco. And I love this skirt on you. I think it's a very flattering silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gracey. I'm very happy with the skirt and on the lookout for more, thats for sure.
      I really do love that necklace and I wish I would have ordered two....it was part of a limited edition line. I just love it so much. Its in my top three.

      Delete
  9. Hi Lisa, I can see why you love the ruffled hem skirt, it fits you so well! When I don't have a photograper I use a gorilla pod and the self-timer. It works out pretty well, especially since I have learned a couple of places in my surrounding where I know the light is good and there is a place to attach the gorilla pod, and not too many people passing by all the time. It always feels a little akward to take photo of yourself when some pass by. But style blogging gives me such my joy and new friends, so it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is fun to meet new blogging friends. I feel silly sometimes if people pass by when Peyton is taking pictures, but I get over it quick, because I do love blogging too.

      What is a gorilla pod? I have not mastered the use of a self timer yet!

      Delete
  10. Eeeep! Those black oxfords are magnificent! I'm smitten!!! :) Lovely outfits one and all. This skirt looks so, so fantastic on you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"--Mark Twain